Waldron sits approximately 9 miles southeast of downtown Shelbyville. The town is conveniently located between Shelbyville and Greensburg along Interstate 74. Established in 1854, the town was originally named Stroupville after George Stroup who laid out the land on the line of CI, St. L and C railroad in Liberty Township. A petition to change the town’s name to Waldron was drawn up and later passed by Legislature and the town remains as Waldron today.
The area is home to several businesses and churches and is located in the Shelby Eastern School District. Waldron Elementary School and Waldron Junior/Senior High School are located in the Shelby Eastern School District.
Waldron is surrounded by beautiful landscape and great people. Come visit us today!